Saturday, October 25, 2014

Geodesic Dome Birthday Wish

When Glenn asked me what I wanted for my birthday… it didn’t take long to decide that I wanted to start working on the geodesic dome again and hope that we could get it done before any hard freeze did in some of my favorite plants.

This is about as far as we got before the rains came in.


 I weed whipped like crazy and Glenn did the hard stuff. He attached the dome to the outside walls of the tires and made the framework for the bond beam. Next we make a bond beam using concrete and bottle bricks. Once the dome is attached to the bond beam we will get the polycarbonate to attach to each triangle on the dome. 

We went through 4 bags of concrete and about 40 bottle bricks and that made it over about 4 tires.
The second day we did the same thing and we are almost halfway around the tire wall. 






This is how the first section looked after we took the wooden form off. 

My sweet honey also surprised me with a cake… and a washer/dryer, and a kitchen and all my dreams come true! He sets the bar pretty high, I don’t think I can top that for his birthday…

No comments:

Post a Comment