Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Felting Hearts

My favorite holiday is right around the corner and this year I decided to start enjoying it early. I was totally inspired by Lisa at lil fish studios with all her amazing felting projects, so I decided to get back to felting because I really did enjoy my simple project of making felted dryer balls to break myself from using dryer sheets. Anyhow, this is what worked for me. 

First I used my wool yarn to make a heart shaped armature or something like that because I only have a little bit of the wool roving. 



Then I used my felting needle and added the blue wool roving, and just started wrapping it around and attaching it using the special needle. 

 As the process continues I always find myself wondering if I have totally ruined any chance of this becoming a heart...

But in the end I am always pleased with the final shape. 
I read a tutorial on making these that used just the wool roving and she said it took her about 10 min. to complete... mine take much longer than that, but I have been having a ton of fun with it. 

There really are not many winter projects that are complete without a good cup of tea, in my opinion. So I decided I needed ginger tea for sure. Anytime I get ginger I just process it all at once. 
Peel it. 

Grate it.

Drop about a Tbs. onto silicone or wax paper, and freeze.

Once it's frozen, put it in a ziplock.


For this tea I used some rosehip, ginseng and ginger.


Toss it in your pot of water and bring to a boil for a few min.
 Love having a woodstove to keep my tea hot all day long. I don't measure anything except for the ginger that I know is about a tablespoon. 

I continue to add more water all throughout the day until the color fades to almost clear. This is the color of tea I get before I add the honey. It is very gingery! 

No comments:

Post a Comment